Eye Clinic of Austin is one of the leading eye care and surgery clinics in the Austin area. We offer careers with excellent stability, great compensation, benefits packages, and a positive work environment. Eye Clinic of Austin is currently hiring an Ophthalmic Assistant and an Ophthalmic Diagnostic Test Technician. Please send your resume with cover letter, references, and wage requirements using the forms below or fax to (512) 427-1200.
This full-time position requires performing full patient work-ups, ophthalmic tests, and completing medical record documentation.
– Bilingual skills in either English/Spanish and/or English/Vietnamese is preferred.
– Minimum experience with medical assisting; experience with Ophthalmology or Optometry, COA or COT is preferred.
– Electronic medical records experience preferred, MDOffice a plus.
– Minimum High School Diploma or GED.
– Previous experience or related training in this or similar position with particular regard to front office reception.
– Must have the ability to read, write, and communicate in a friendly manner and present a dynamic, neat, professional appearance. Demonstrable proficiency in alphabetization, numerical order, spelling, and filing skills.
– Must have a positive, energetic, and friendly voice and attitude and the ability to communicate well with patients, co-workers, and physicians is critical. Create a good impression as composed, empathetic, and efficient individual as these positions are often the first contact, phone or face-to-face, with patient arrivals or contemplation to make an appointment.
– Must have demonstrable skills in desktop computer, practice management and electronic medical record software, Microsoft Office, e-mail, copy machine, postage machine, scanning, faxing and computerized PBX system.
– These positions require flexibility, accuracy, thoroughness, attention to detail and an understanding of front office procedure as well as medical record regulations and procedures.
– Must have physical and mental stamina to work rapidly, multi-task, and with accuracy over long periods of time.
– Must understand the need for efficient use of time. Must have good work ethic including on-the-job reliability, excellent attendance, and punctuality.
Ophthalmic Diagnostic Test Technician
This full-time position requires desktop computing experience and the desire to learn diagnostic testing skills.
– Minimum Requirement: Experience in medical assisting or Optometry practice and a desire to learn diagnostic testing skills, desktop computing experience. High School Diploma or GED.
– Preferred, but not Required: Experience in Ophthalmic assisting, electronic medical records, and operator of various ophthalmic diagnostic equipment.
– Hands-on experience with one or more of the following: Zeiss Humphrey Visual Fields, Welch/Allyn Frequency Doubler, Zeiss Cirrus HDOCT, Optomap, Oculas Pentacam HR, Forsee PHP, Konan Specular Microscopy X, PalmScan AP2000 A-Scan, EyeSuite LS900 Lenstar IOL Master, Nidek OPD Scan III, TearLab Tear Osmolarity, QuantiEye Macular Pigment Optical Density (MPOD), and tsi EyeRes 2000 and Diopysis.
– Candidates with a C.O.A., C.P.O.A., or C.P.O.T. are a plus.